The Other Other Serious Guy

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 3166

WOW

Post by River »

Wow bro,

pics are AWESOME! It sounds like you had a GREAT time there too! Sorry to hear about that weird 'joker-couple'. y'know the same thing happened to me when I was up in MI this weekend at the Ford Museum. It was Tom and I and members of the Great Lakes Garrison. But in the corner was this 'one' guy. apparently the musuem asked him to be Darth Vader, but the guy was SO SHORT that he looked like Dark Helmet! It was a GAS!!! Not to mention that he never talked to any of us nor did he socialize with anyone. he was just downright rude. I remember Tom went up to him and asked if he was with any garrison and he just looked at Tom and said 'No' like we're bad people or something.

A lot of people ended up complaining about him. no kidding. he was just downright rude.

but oh well, you're either gonna get rude people In OR Out of costume.

Anyway, BRAVO on the outfit my friend, I wish I was there to capture your antics on video!

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :D

I got my size 15's! :D

But now, I need to buy some equipment, so I'm stuck on a budget. So I guess now I'm limiting myself to new coat and pants. But I'll wait as long as possible to find the coat. I want to buy one more, and not hafe to worry about it again. I want it to have at least 3 vents, bell cuffs, and it hands down will need to be lined. I also would realy realy realy prefer it to be made from wool. Right now, it seems that all coats have 2 of those qualities going for them....Right now I need like $150 for gear, so I would of had that for this. But I just can't stay on one topic for more than 3 months. Friggen ADHD. :x :( :oops:
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

So , thanks to Keli for the original list, I ordered my nurse stuff. I'm sorta worried about the fit of the dress though, I think it will be to big. :( I had to have an XL for my man boobs, but I'm way smaller than the other measurements. So I guess we'll just wait and see. :? -

Dress - http://www.allheart.com/di60110.html
NURSE HEMMING tag - http://www.allheart.com/af500.html
Nursing Assistant Pin - http://www.allheart.com/pm1075.html
Pen Light (I bought this one because I wanted to get it all from the same place, but I may upgrade it later.) - http://www.allheart.com/ah352.html
Lapel Whatch - http://www.allheart.com/pm1740.html
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

"This! Is! Good!"

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

WoW .....NICE looking Joker fabric My Friend. Your Joker is gonna be top notch with that . 8) Post more pics of your progress as it comes along .
Plus....................We gotta do something together this spring or summer my Evil Bat Buddy ! Keep an eye open . :wink:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thank ya sir! :D We deffintly hafe to do something! I wanted to do something for the DVD release, but no where around here wanted me! :lol: :P :wink: There just no where around me that did anything is more like it. :(

P.S. - Never have received my glock either! :cry:

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by hopeful recruit »

How many yards of fabric do you have there? Might try to buy some off of ya :wink:

and I know how ya feel about DVD release. I was goign to do one in Rockford, except the roads were too crappy to get to the store. :evil:
"Those who never take risks never know what could have been."

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I ended up getting 4 yards of it, because a shirt takes like 3 1/2! :shock: Seeing it there all layed out I couldn't beleive how much was there. :shock:

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Just got this AWESOME 3d poster at my local wal-mart for 10 bucks .
Check it Out !

http://www.trendsinternational.com/mm5/ ... ry_Code=3D

8)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I love that poster! But I was hoping it would be bigger than that! :P

And this just in....Fed-Ex keeps overshooting IL. :roll:

December 17, 2008 2:23 PM Sortation Center Arrival EARTH CITY, MO
December 17, 2008 7:03 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
December 17, 2008 3:40 AM Sortation Center Departure EARTH CITY, MO
December 15, 2008 6:19 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
December 15, 2008 6:06 PM Pickup GROVEPORT, OH

EDIT - Just got a package from USPS. I think its my stuff, LOL!

SoloYT1300
Rebel Legion Member

Post by SoloYT1300 »

That fabric is an amazing find. The foundation of a house is a key to solid house. Things like fabric being right is a big help to a great costume!

Well done.

Bob

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

It deffintly made me a happy Joker! :D

And here's my new stuff, still need the whatch to arrive...

Refrence :

Pen and Pin :
Refrence :

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Just bought a duffle for my bank heist Joker. :D

Doesn't realy look correct in the pics., but I've seen two people receive theirs, and they, look, FABULOUS. :lol: :P

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I just got my duffle! In person it looks perfect! Just gotta cut the hand straps off of it. I stuffed it with newspaper for now, LOL. I see now that there's certain places that need more to keep the rigid "square" look to it. Oh well, I iz happy! :D The gloves, although you can't see 'em were donated to the crazy cause by Kelikala, still can't thank her enough! :D

Image Image

I think I may buy a rigid high quality mask now, not having one may drive me....crazier. :lol: :P Gotta work on the pose too, LOL.

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Jodo, you need to come up to Wizard World Chicago...I need a pic with your joker and my bat :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I want to meet up with another bat so bad! Are you Northern guys doing any of the Imax screenings?

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Not sure if they're stil doing Imax screening of TDK around here...

Oh, couldn't help playing around.... might be the closest we'll get for a while:

I think I might need to switch sides.... you're eyes look like they're going to the left instead of the right.

edit:
Jodo.... how far from Metropolis are ya? The superman celebration in June might be another possibility... if I can get down there :p

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

The Bat and THe Joker

Post by River »

You two would make a great pair.

Jodo, if you're ever thinking about travelling north, let me know, I can let you stay at my place while you attend an event! Tim is only about an hour north of me. so he could come by too!

anyway, I can't wait to see the nurse outfit finished! that should be awesome!

You're making great progress! keep it up buddy!

Tim,
that edited shot is very cool!

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

The Metropolis comic con is March 14 /15 2009 ! I was thinking about going But i have Theater tickets for that weekend already ! :wink:

http://planetsuperhero.weebly.com/

Still , that's like a 7 hour drive even for me . :shock:

[Me and Tim at the Stillman Valley Parade this last Fall ]

IN6951
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by IN6951 »

Jodo wrote:I want to meet up with another bat so bad! Are you Northern guys doing any of the Imax screenings?

The Film is being re-released the end of January . If we could work out something midway between you and me i would be up for doing a Saturday or Sunday Theater gig [Weather permitting of course ] . Any ideas ?

Same goes for you to Tim if you wanna do Joker again . I'd travel up to Rockford if the weekend was open on my schedule .
Put yer thinking hats on you two ! 8)