MI-Holland-Herrick District Library-New Hope Showing 5/29/07

Moderator: Garrison Officers

NoslenLRac
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl

MI-Holland-Herrick District Library-New Hope Showing 5/29/07

Post by NoslenLRac »

Herrick District Library in Holland was showing "A New Hope" starting at 6:00. We were asked to participate in a meet and greet prior to the movie for about an hour.

Small, but very happy crowd, approximately 100 in attendance, mostly children.

The library provided popcorn and buttons with Star Wars pics and quotes. One child gave me a "Death Star Technician" button he found in the pile. The staff was also kind enough to pass out 501st tatoos (Thanks for the supplies, Lee!). I was able to pass out a few tatoos and honorary Stormtrooper cards, also.

The kids (and some adults) were thrilled with our participation. Many photos were taken (the library should be sending me copies) and we were able to talk quite a bit. (Imagine 6 kids at once trying to carry on a discussion with a Royal Guard... believe it or not, they could understand me... or pretended to).

Although we were unable to get as many costumers as they'd hoped, at some points it would have been too crowded for more. Plus, being on a weeknight didn't help.

The staff was almost giddy with delight and hope to contact us again (with more lead time) if they decide to have any Star Wars related events in the future.

In attendance:
NoslenLRac (TR-2275) - Royal Guard
Jaareth (Rebel Legion) - Qui Gon Jinn

Submitted by:
Carl Nelson TR-2275

May 29, 2007 (Holland, MI) Herrick District Library movie showing TUESDAY
Noslen L'Rac
aka TR-2275
501st Legion/Great Lakes Garrison/Sovereign Protectors detachment

Vote Palpatine for President in 08!

Royal Guard Upgrades - 10% complete