ARMOR PARTY?

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 12155

ARMOR PARTY?

Post by Tormental »

Hello Midwest Garrison,

My name is Dave. I just received my TK armor and i'm having a hard time on where to start. I would like to attend one of these parties, or just to give me an idea on how to do the trimming. Basically I don't want to screw up my new armor. Any help would be rewarded with food and beer. Also, anyone here know how to make a stormtrooper helmet. ANH Hero. I will be happy to pay for the funding. Thank you for reading my post.

Dave

Arcturus1020
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1020

Re: ARMOR PARTY?

Post by Arcturus1020 »

Hi Dave! Where about do you live? Perhaps there's someone in your area willing to lend a hand! :D

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Tormental »

By Midway Airport. I do have a car and i'm willing to travel.

Darth Spice
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7306

Post by Darth Spice »

I'm always down by Midway Airport, but sadly working most of the time and we couldn't get too much done in my limo! :P I'm not sure I could be much assistance other than knowing maybe what not to do. Please heed your own advice and wait for someone to help you, putting it together wrong might be costly and discomforting so don't let the temptation to get out there get to you. We aren't going anywhere! I've seen a couple people do a rush job and it messed up the costume long-term. Also try to go the expensive route on electronics, velcro and anything else but your batteries powering your fans. You want to build for the long haul.
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

BE A DOG!

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

Tormental wrote:Hello Midwest Garrison,

My name is Dave. I just received my TK armor and i'm having a hard time on where to start. I would like to attend one of these parties, or just to give me an idea on how to do the trimming. Basically I don't want to screw up my new armor. Any help would be rewarded with food and beer. Also, anyone here know how to make a stormtrooper helmet. ANH Hero. I will be happy to pay for the funding. Thank you for reading my post.

Dave
Dave,

I live rite by white sox park, I have some things that could be helpful since I have a full geared up sandtrooper and biker. As for building helmets you seek Steve gaza, Steve is a great friend and an awesome TK builder. If you want tips from seeing my armor that I built that's cool. I can show you what worked for me and what failed. There is a lot of ways you can connect everything, you just need to find what works best for you. As for trimming a kit yeah you must do it rite.. What armor do you have?

Let me know,

Joe Orlando
AKA Sarge
TD/TB 6074
MEPD Police officer

Darth Spice
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7306

Post by Darth Spice »

WOW JP, I didn't know you were that close to the Mid! I'm usually chillin down there in Bedford Park and the surrounding area searching for toys! 8) We gotta get this guy pointed in the right direction, I REALLY wish Duffy were still around. :(
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

BE A DOG!

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9526

Post by teach42 »

Going to throw up my own post, but thought I'd reply here as well. Been working on a set of armor for my son and I for the past 8 months. And by working, I mean I bought it and have had it in a box in the corner.

With Celebration quickly approaching, I'm moving into high gear.

I do travel a lot for work, but would love to get together and muddle through some of this together. I'm in Skokie, but would definitely be willing to hike out to the south side to work for a day.

Let me know when you have available and we can try to get together.

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Sarge »

teach42 wrote:Going to throw up my own post, but thought I'd reply here as well. Been working on a set of armor for my son and I for the past 8 months. And by working, I mean I bought it and have had it in a box in the corner.

With Celebration quickly approaching, I'm moving into high gear.

I do travel a lot for work, but would love to get together and muddle through some of this together. I'm in Skokie, but would definitely be willing to hike out to the south side to work for a day.

Let me know when you have available and we can try to get together.
what type of armor?

stormtrooper?
boba fett?
etc...

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Sarge »

Darth Spice wrote:WOW JP, I didn't know you were that close to the Mid! I'm usually chillin down there in Bedford Park and the surrounding area searching for toys! 8) We gotta get this guy pointed in the right direction, I REALLY wish Duffy were still around. :(

Spice,

yeah it seem we live pretty close to each other... good to know other snadtroopers are close :)

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by teach42 »

what type of armor?

stormtrooper?
boba fett?
etc...
TIE for myself, E3 Clone for my son. Lots of progress on his. Major trimming, sizing, primed and painted today. Unfortunately I think the humidity caused some problems, got paint cracks in about 5 pieces, so will need to sand them down and repaint them in a few days. Will post some WIP pics soon.

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

Which clone bucket did you get? (I think my/psykojedi7956's clone build is somewhere on here) and how are you fitting the shins? If you need help- feel freeto ask..

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

southsidetrooper
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 10651

Post by southsidetrooper »

Hello all,

I live near Midway also, and have hit a wall in my TK build. Mostly from some lingering health issues, but also because I just feel stuck and kind of freaked out to make all these sizing cuts and fitting without some expert help. I have some friends in the Indiana Garrison, but we haven't been able to get together. I was trying to get done for CVI, but it doesn't look like it will happen. I would like to get my TK done by Halloween..

I have a garage and could host a party, but the soonest I could host would be the weekend of August 10th. Unfortunately my garage has no AC and with our heat wave we've been having, I don't think it would be too comfortable in there.

I would be willing to travel anywhere in the Chi-town area to work on my suit, so if anyone wants to host let me know. Or we could sweat it out in my garage..

Thanks,
Steve

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Tormental »

Whenever you want to set a date Steve, I will be there. I think i screwed up my armor enough already. I can really use the help.

Vb376
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7596

Post by Vb376 »

I live in the midway area and would be able to Host an armor party... Unfortunately I work weekends Wednesday is like my Saturday so it's not very accommodating for those with a m-f job but if anyone is interested I'll set it up

SHEEPDOG54
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 265

Post by SHEEPDOG54 »

Hello to all! What kind of TK Armor do each of you have? That will be the factor with how you put it together. Is the armor shiny ABS or a plastic that you have to paint white? Do you put it together by adding the plastic strips or does your armor pieces overlap? With all that said, your individual builds will vary and the tools will depend on what you need to do. As for Clone Armor, that is a different beast all together to get it right. I have built both types of TK Armor and a 501ST Clone and all were a lot of work.

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Tormental »

This is the armor I have.;

FULL KITS –Includes ALL body armor pieces, ABS cement, ABS polish, printed assembly Instructions, helmet kit (Original FX helmet kit with a re-shaped dome) and all elastic straps for assembly with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back velcro will be required and is not included). Also includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different clean and sandy variations, and three different sets of hand plates for different versions. This helmet features both blue and black tube stripe options.

I have completed some of peices. I am not going to use the bucket it came with. Steve (gaz) pointed me in another direction and said he will help me assemble it at a later date. If you guys still want to get together send me a p.m.

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by teach42 »

jporlando wrote: stormtrooper?
boba fett?
etc...
TIE for myself, and E3 Special Ops for m'boy

Tormental
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Tormental »

I have Armor Master "AM" armor kits. Set up a day and time and i'll be there.