Guys, need your help on a Trooper Suit! Anyone know this one

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

hondaprelude2k1
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Guys, need your help on a Trooper Suit! Anyone know this one

Post by hondaprelude2k1 »

Im just a casual Star Wars fan and came across a seller offering this to me. It's a full suit but just showing the chest piece and helmet. After extensive research, I can't find this suit anywhere. I think it may be Clone Captain Fordo?? I really dont know. And the seller "doesnt know" the maker. They just told me it was made in California.. Can anyone help me on this and let me know a value so I'm not overpaying? :(

Vadersblade
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8310

Re: Guys, need your help on a Trooper Suit! Anyone know this

Post by Vadersblade »

Looks like a custom take on a Shock Trooper to me. The chest piece is a little odd, might be an older set of clone armor?

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

The shins or abs would be more telling (or the back).. It doesn't look like my oscs, I'm not sure..

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

If you're looking to join the 501st, I'd stay away from it. I'm not super knowledgable about clones, but 1) that armor looks odd and 2) I don't know of any Phase 2 (ROTS) clones that have jedi logos on them and that paint job doesn't look familiar.

Honestly, you're probably better off getting a kit and building it for yourself as armor is not one size fits all, it needs to be sized appropriately to fit you.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

Anthony says it doesn't look like his mg armor either.. The details look soft.. And something about the bucket looks funny too.. Idk

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

hondaprelude2k1
Imperial Recruit

Alright, thanks for the help guys. I will just stay away from that one. Too many inconsistencies. You guys rock for helping me though really. :drunk:

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Post by woulf »

Wow, everyone pretty much covered it...off paint job for a shock trooper, jedi emblem, soft...which to me looks WAY soft, like the chest isnt there, just painted to look like one :shock: plus from the small piece showing the back looks really thin too
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

hondaprelude2k1
Imperial Recruit

Yep, great site and very helpful. I don't know much as you guys can tell lol. I did talk to the seller and he told me that he went to the "highest bidder" on it. Said he was offered $700 for that piece plus some '78 gore graphics ads :blah: but I did get some small information out of him as much as I could for those who are interested in what happened. He seemed fishy.. This is what I learned:

- Made in California
- Some "guy" made this and other armor suits for the 501st
- No belt, boots, or under clothing
- I asked what kind of shock trooper it was and he said, "uhh yeah its a shock trooper.."
- Some sort of PVC material

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by bassclarinets »

If you are interested in going clone- CTN (clone troopers net) is the place to go for more info- or PM one of us who has built one you like and ask who our armor is and how we found it via pm.. We try to keep that info closer.. I know 7956 & myself have ep 3 clone builds on this forum, and I think there are others as well..

Jen

clonetrooperdoubled
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4354

Post by clonetrooperdoubled »

I've got a clone and an animated clone suit. I can tell you that whatever that chest piece is, it won't pass muster for the 501st. the helmet looks like a recast of a master series helmet.

Darth Spice
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7306

Post by Darth Spice »

That's what I thought too, MR helmet and I too thought the chest piece was a bit flimsy. I've always found the advice around here can be cost effective and sound! GOOD luck my friend!
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

BE A DOG!