Armor and Prop Madness - Armor Party! Sun 2/10/13

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9336

Re: Armor and Prop Madness - Armor Party! Sun 2/10/13

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

And in a seperate post, HUGE thank you to Phyllis for making myRFT shirt accurate!
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

HARP-4277 wrote:Thank you so much Jon! Was an awesome time getting to meet all of you, even if I did spend most of the time in the corner with my friend.

lol...and I am sorry that I didn't get around to chat more...I really kept my nose to the grindstone..I was really trying to get something done..
everyone seemed very focused...
and
yes..
next time Jon gets to actually get something done..

:D

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

My most sincere thanks to all of you for coming out yesterday to make the event a success! It was fantastic to see everyone, get a chance to talk with all of you and see all of the great work going on. While yes, I really didn't work on much during the event; I got the opportunity to talk with some future members help out a little here and there. Which really is what I'd like to see happen more and more during these. Yes, I will most certainly host more of these! I'd like to do them every 3-4 months or so.

I communicated with several potential members via twitter and had several who were genuinely wanted to make it, but had some conflicts. These are people who have no armor/parts purchased yet and just wanted to check out this part of the process and get some info. So, that was pretty cool.

Thanks again to all of you, it's a lot of fun to get together; chat, do a little work, and just have fun.

Sig
Imperial Recruit

Post by Sig »

Thanks for Letting me come out Jon! Had great time meeting more people! If I wasn't so tired I would have got more done! But doesn't matter Need funds for Cummerbund boots and gloves! Thanks Cheryl for Riveting my back piece. I would have smoked a carton of cigarettes if I did alone!!!

You are all wonderful people for taking the time to do this for kids and Other major charities that need help! Makes me feel proud to be a part of this!!! :D

Thanks,
Sig

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Sig wrote:Thanks for Letting me come out Jon! Had great time meeting more people! If I wasn't so tired I would have got more done! But doesn't matter Need funds for Cummerbund boots and gloves! Thanks Cheryl for Riveting my back piece. I would have smoked a carton of cigarettes if I did alone!!!

You are all wonderful people for taking the time to do this for kids and Other major charities that need help! Makes me feel proud to be a part of this!!! :D

Thanks,
Sig
Jay, folks in your situation (newbies) are one of the main reason that I wanted to host one of these. I would have been stoked to attend one while I was working on my Vader prior to joining. Glad you were able to get something accomplished and put some more faces, and names, to the handles you know here. Glad to have you out.