FNG in K3

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Thunder
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

FNG in K3

Post by Thunder »

Greetings all. I am a SW fan who lives in Bourbonnais and am looking to join. I used to live in the Quad Cities and had a set of FX TK armor, but one it didnt get finished and two it looked goofy on my 6'4 frame.So I left it sit and just kinda fell out of wanting to do this.

After some research I have heard that Clone armor fits big guys a bit better. So I am thinking going RC or ARC or both as time allows.If anyone here has tips tricks or advice I will welcome it.

I will be blunt right here. I am not a huge model builder. I can pull off paint but my skills with cutting is kinda Meh. I would be interested in any help there as I want the build to be perfect.

Thanks for adding me and looking forward to getting this done. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

mattbobmcd
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8148

Re: FNG in K3

Post by mattbobmcd »

Welcome to the boards!

I'm a 6ft TK living in Elwood, so I am also part ot the South of I-80 crowd. I've been sitting on a set of animated clone armor for a while, just havn't gotten around to putting it together. Playing around with all of the bondo and cutting all of those pieces to my size just hasn't felt too appealing to me yet.

I hope you are able to get something together though. This is a great group, and it is well worth joining up!

Thunder
Imperial Recruit

Post by Thunder »

Thanks Matt! yeah the bondo stuff scares the heck out of me. But I figure with some help and a lot of swearing I can figure it out.

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Welcome Thunder! We've got a handful of taller TKs here. Fx can look pretty good on a 6'4 frame. TK3446 here is right about that height and looks good in FX. Whether you stay with that or go clone is up to you. Either way, welcome and fire away with the questions.

Thunder
Imperial Recruit

Post by Thunder »

Fire for effect!! lol Anyway I have come to a decision. I have mando armor plates on hand ready to go ( its amazing what you find when you look) so I am planning a Kal Skirata seeings it is 501st membership worthy! Then we can go from there!. Still pushing for a ARC or RC but right now I am going to get on with what I have.

Questions of course to follow;)