Hello from Chicago!

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello from Chicago!

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

Hey guys!

I'm Michelle Flamm or Lady Kaieta (If you get what that's from props to you) I'm new! You probably have seen me at C2E2 I help run the floor, or as Poison Ivy at various events. I am currently doing a Darth Talon build for myself and a Reborn Darth Krayt build for my boyfriend (we were going to do the Vong armor but, I currently don't have the space to do the sculpt). I'll be posting progress pics here and on my fb page too: http://www.facebook.com/LadyKaieta

I'm also an avid Steampunk builder and wig maker and am happy to offer my services to be able to help on that front too if anyone needs it!

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Re: Hello from Chicago!

Post by jweger77 »

Welcome Michelle! So fantastic to have you stop and check in. Very cool to see someone talking about two of the lesser done costumes out there, and great ones at that as well. I look forward to seeing the progress on them. Ah, someone with wig making experience? Excellent, send me your address and I'll ship over my Chewie suit to ya. Hope you like latch-hooking and hackle time a lot! Lol. Welcome!

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Yay! More members!
Some of y'all might recognize Michelle as the steampunk Poison Ivy who was at the Graham Crackers Comics C2E2 promo a couple weeks ago.
Welcome to the forums, Michelle. Glad to hear you moving forward with the build, and can't wait to see progress pics!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

A Chewie suit is 3 wig workers, several cases of beer, and Clone Wars Marathon, you know Saturday! I'll actually probably have more time for large scale fur/wig commissions once school is out in May, and once I clear the shoulders for Darth Krayt, I got a tiny apartment that I work out of so doesn't help much there.

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Lady_Kaieta wrote:A Chewie suit is 3 wig workers, several cases of beer, and Clone Wars Marathon, you know Saturday! I'll actually probably have more time for large scale fur/wig commissions once school is out in May, and once I clear the shoulders for Darth Krayt, I got a tiny apartment that I work out of so doesn't help much there.
And even that wouldn't be enough time, beer, or episodes there! LOL... Just messing with ya... I need to get back on my project!

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9526

Post by teach42 »

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see progress pics.

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

Happy to report my Lekku came in from Spain and look AWESOME, so after I pick up a few things tommarrow for cutting leather I should have some new updates, I did dye and cut some of the leather so the bra should be done tommarrow, and I might see about some styrene shaping for armor

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

Update images (I have a terrible case of con flu+Laziness so hence no makeup), bra is done 100% decided to leave the leather edges raw for a more worn look, I'm totally not wearing the Lekku right, I didn't have a bald cap handy so it's not even CLOSE to fitted right hence the un-eveness and lines. My roommate f'd the leather I was going to use for the belt so I have to wait for another shipment so next piece will be making the boots!

Also before people poke I used this version for the bra design hence the bra does not taper to the back belt like some images, Jan draws about 8 different versions from what I can figure out through out the series, I just went with the one that I felt gave the most dramatic effect and would best work for me having like 0 boobs: http://www.twilekparadise.com/darth_tal ... ery/08.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lady_Kaieta on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Fleetfang »

Coming along fast! Sweet!

Sarge
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6074

Post by Sarge »

Welcome aboard!!! Glad to see more people joining the Midwest Garrison..

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

Also before I order one if anyone has a Darth Maul FX saber they are looking to get rid of I'll happily buy it off you :x after figuring out it's going to be the best one for me to put resin clay on to make Talon's Saber

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Fleetfang »

I don't, Michelle, but I put a call out on our private Facebook group. I hope someone can help you out! If not, there's always eBay. :P

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

Fleetfang wrote:I don't, Michelle, but I put a call out on our private Facebook group. I hope someone can help you out! If not, there's always eBay. :P
That'd rock! thanks! and yeah I can't order it til next week but I'd rather help someone clean out rather then destroy a new FX saber (the maul one is PERFECT for converting to legacy era style)

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Fleetfang »

A few folks have sounded off, suggesting eBay listings. PsychoJedi pointed this out, which might work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Maste ... 3cd0a7cf0c
I'm not entirely sure if the blade is long enough, but it might work...

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

Fleetfang wrote:A few folks have sounded off, suggesting eBay listings. PsychoJedi pointed this out, which might work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Maste ... 3cd0a7cf0c
I'm not entirely sure if the blade is long enough, but it might work...
If the blade being short is the worst part that's easy to fix! thanks for showing me this plus I can shove the electronics in a PVC pipe if I need to :D

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

More updates!!! and got a great deal on a maul lightsaber dunno if I'll have time to sculpt it (using friendly plastic) but at least I will have one!!! Stuffed the Lekku a bit more, and started cutting armor out of Worbla and wonderflex. Boots, Body Paint, and Gloves have been ordered and going to call my eye doc and get my contacts ordered!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

So I did a kinda 'test' run of the parts I had at C2E2 (I actually got used as the Saturday ticket bumper photo too!) I'll post more as they come in but here is the best one so far:

Bonus: That's Ashley Eckstien

Lessons learned: That red hates me, Anthony Kosar suggested I try Wolfe brand next round so that will be ordered soon, Also: Stencils, my makeup artist and I started at 3 am and did not get done til 7. My contacts were knock offs and shattered after 8 hours of wear as in literally little pieces on my eye, hence in the second pic I don't have them in. I now have Exotic Eyes instead which should last much longer. Wonderflex can kiss my red butt, and duct tape does not always fix everything.

I'm VERY satisfied with my Lekku, the paint needs some clean up but besides that it looks AWESOME. I'm a little worried I won't get approval due to I used a lesser drawn style of bra so I will be redoing that, along with ALL the armor except the head armor (I actually picked up a commission to make a second one for someone). The Maul saber I used is getting grinded down to a more tube shape (Thank you Micheal Perri!!!) and then covered in friendly plastic to become a legacy era saber.

Jonesie
Imperial Recruit

Post by Jonesie »

That is totally awesome! I love it! :cheers: I wonder what you made the head armor out of?

Lady_Kaieta
Imperial Recruit

Post by Lady_Kaieta »

It's Worbla! A thermoplastic from Europe. I made a pattern in illustrator and then cut 2 pieces out and smushed them together using hot water and shaped it over a wig head. I then used Testor's model paint and some clear coat on top. it needs A LOT more paint though and I might extend the antennae a bit

Jonesie
Imperial Recruit

Post by Jonesie »

Sweet, thanks! I'm not familiar with any of this, but if I end up making an Aayla Secura, I'll need to know it. Great job.