First time Stormtrooper wannabe....

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Joey BloodStripes
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 17761

First time Stormtrooper wannabe....

Post by Joey BloodStripes »

I am currently waiting for my armor to get in... ETA is Winter of 2015 (ANOVOS Classic Stormtrooper). I thought I would just come by and introduce myself.

My Name is Joe and I currently located in Addison, IL. My interest in joining the 501st Legion, Midwest Garrison came from going to C2E2 (Chicago) for the past 3 years. I have always loved visiting the 501st booth every year... like everyone else I have loved reading and watching Star Wars growing up and of course Taking picture of and with your members in their costumes. So this year when I visited the booth I finally got the guts to ask "How can I Join?" I was told that I can purchase a stormtrooper outfit by ANOVOS at a Pre-Sale price. I ran home and did just that. I know I will still have to purchase a few things to get it up to 501st Standards. I am not sure how purchasing a costume versus making one is looked upon but I have no skills as a prop maker to build it myself but I have been researching how to put a costume together the right way.. So I figure that the only way I would ever do this was to take advantage of the pre-sale price and jump in and get to trooping after my application is accepted.

Why? Well as a Veteran of the First Persian Gulf War, Somalia and Iraq. I felt a loss of belonging to something bigger and helping the community. I currently donate my photographic abilities to volunteer for the Child Advocacy Center in Hoffman Estates. I know that joining your organization will fill in the gaps of belonging and contributing as well as making new friends. I have read and followed the events the Garrison attends and wanted to have fun and contribute... your members are absolutely awesome and helping bring a smile to someone's face is what it is all about.

SoooooOOoooOo! I am in limbo till Winter... I never wanted winter to come so quickly... weird huh!

Hope to contribute soon...
Joe

Sakic Jade
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 52809

Re: First time Stormtrooper wannabe....

Post by Sakic Jade »

Welcome Joe! There's a bunch of troopers and troops out here in the NW burbs. Plenty to do. Many of us have ordered Anovos armor. There will be plenty of people building it all once. You've taken your first step into a larger world.
"The choices of one shape the futures of all."

Joey BloodStripes
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 17761

Re: First time Stormtrooper wannabe....

Post by Joey BloodStripes »

Sakic Jade wrote:Welcome Joe! There's a bunch of troopers and troops out here in the NW burbs. Plenty to do. Many of us have ordered Anovos armor. There will be plenty of people building it all once. You've taken your first step into a larger world.
I can see there about 3 troopers that live in my general area. I am really excited to jump in and do my part. I look forward to getting into building my Armor. I know I have offered the studio of mine in Chicago if anyone wanted to get together and have an assembly party...

I have been watching some youtube video so i am not totally going in blind.

I look forward to meeting everyone.
"The Official Photographer for Chubs Illustrated"

I was dubbed "Joey Bloodstripes"
Imperial Recruit Services Division
"You Got A Job, We do it better, We do it gooooOOoooOoood!